Ways To Choose a Book
1. Don't judge by the cover alone.
2. Read the summary on the book.
3. Read the first paragraph in the book.
4. Find a favorite genre or book type.
5. Read a book series.
6. Choose a book by a well-known author.
7. Use the five-finger test.
8. Tell your librarian about some books you've enjoyed and ask for more suggestions.
9. Read book that was made into a movie.
10. Ask your friends and teacher for suggestions.
Library Skills, Games, and Activities
Favorite Books & Authors
Need some ideas for another book to read? Check out the links below for book trailers and booktalks that can give you another great read!
R. L. Stine
Providence Elementary School
11001 West Providence Road
Richmond, VA 23236
I wish we had this book in our library....
Do you wish we had a book here at our Providence ES library? Click on the link below and fill out the form. Mrs. Kyser will read each idea! She loves seeing what you want to read and how she can help get what YOU want to read!