Looking for a book? Click on the stack of books to search.
Remember to pick a good fit book.
- I choose a book.
- P urpose - Why do I want to read it?
- I nterest - Does it interest me?
- C omprehend - Am I understanding what I am reading?
- K now - I know most of the words.
Need to use the CCPS online databases? Click here to access them.
Thanks for Visiting!
Mission of CCPS Libraries
The mission of the Chesterfield County Public School libraries is to empower students and staff through the direction and guidance of certified school librarians to become critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers and ethical users/creators of information in support of student achievement in a global environment.
Favorite Books & Authors
Need some ideas for another book to read? Check out the links below for book trailers and booktalks that can give you another great read!
9536 Dawnshire Road
North Chesterfield, Virginia 23237
Library Checkout Policy:
Kindergarten and first grade students check out 2 books. (If one book is returned, then one book is checked out. If two books are returned, then two books are checked out. If no books are returned, then no books are checked out.) Students in second through fifth grades check out 3 books depending on the number of books that are returned.
All grade levels are scheduled to come to the library once a week for 45 minutes as part of the school resource schedule. Students also visit the library on Tuesdays for Reading Buddies, check out extra books for their Fluency Baskets, special lessons, and general open checkout.
Library Book Return and Renewal:
Students check out books for one week. If they need to keep their book(s) for additional time, then they can renew their book(s).
Students are responsible for their library books and need to practice proper book care rules.
- Always handle books with clean hands.
- Never mark or write in library books.
- Turn pages slowly and carefully.
- Keep library books away from food and drink.
- Keep books clean and dry.
- Carry books in a book bag or backpack.
- Keep library books in a special place at home.
- Return books on time so others can read them.